Monday, August 9, 2010

Recipe: Asian Pork Tenderloin

I am always on the lookout for good recipes & new ideas that hubby & the girls would like. The girls have always been good eaters, I decided very early on that I am not going to be a short order cook & I think that helped. We also try to make dinner time our family time & eat together every single night. WE ALWAYS did growing up & I cherish those memories with my sibs & mom & dad(sometimes dad) as well as with my extended family, growing up in an Italian home, food & meals were sacred, if you are Italian you know what I am talking about!

I am going to try to share at least one new recipe a week here, ones that I have tried & my family has really liked, kids included.
so with out further ado...here goes. Let me know if you try any of these.

Since we are trying to revamp our whole life as far as eating healthy goes,
my new most favorite-ist magazine is

Taste of Home- Healthy Cooking.

The meals are really healthy and shockingly scrumptious.



Made this dinner for the fam & it was a huge hit and super easy to make, I did not use the ground mustard since I am not a huge fan.
Also, I grilled this (summer = never turn on the oven!) & basted once or twice on each side.
Served it with brown rice & broccoli sauteed with garlic.




Asian Pork Tenderloin


(pic from Taste of Home-Healthy Cooking-Aug/Spet 2010)


Ingredients

  • 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
  • 1/3 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
  • 2 tablespoons lemon juice
  • 2 tablespoons sesame oil
  • 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
  • 4 garlic cloves, minced
  • 1 tablespoon ground mustard
  • 1 teaspoon pepper
  • 2 pork tenderloins (3/4 pound each)

Directions

  • In a small bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Pour 1/2 cup marinade into a large resealable plastic bag. Add the pork; seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade.
  • Drain and discard marinade. Place pork on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Bake at 450° for 20-25 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 160°, basting occasionally with reserved marinade. Let stand for 5 minutes before slicing. Yield: 6 servings.

No comments:

Post a Comment